Voting for Low GWP Refrigerants

We all have a big opportunity to help advance low-GWP refrigerants in at least ten states across the United States, but action must be taken by Friday, March 11th.

Your vote could make the difference in getting the second most prolific mechanical code in the United States to allow for the use of low GWP refrigerants.

As we work to get our buildings using efficient heat pump technology to replace fossil fuels, we need to in equal measure ensure the critical components of that technology (in this case, the refrigerants) keep the climate impact low. The outcome of this action could save the equivalent of 100 million tons of climate pollution.

Actions Needed:

By March 11, 2022 : Register as an IAPMO individual member: IAPMO
$85 per individual, $475 per organization (each only get one vote.)

On September 11-15, 2022: Show up in Charlotte, NC to vote in person on the proposed amendment (travel stipends may be available – please reach out to NBI if you would need a stipend).

1 Like

I have to pay to vote :frowning_with_open_mouth:

We are working to get stipends, so if you can for sure attend in person in North Carolina in September, let me know, and we may be able to support your registration.

@weblybowles I think this is a very critical issue, so I want to support, but I am not local and will not travel for this.

Let me know if there is some other way to make an impact.

Thanks!
-Scott

I totally get it. If you know anyone in the region, let them know about the voting and the potential for membership support.

1 Like

@weblybowles to confirm, all voting must be in-person? There will not be an option for virtual attendance?

Correct, right now it sounds like voting must be in person.