Join the Decarbonization Symposium organized by Pratt Institute’s Housing Consortium for Earth Day 2022 (4/22/2022) from 9 am ET to 12 pm ET on Zoom. Registration is free and available at Meeting Registration - Zoom .
The Symposium will dive into the challenges and opportunities of decarbonization of the built environment – with a special focus on efforts to reduce embodied and operational carbon emissions in New York City. Participants will learn about the challenges of understanding embodied carbon in building materials and products – and why we must prioritize the reduction of embodied carbon emissions now, rather than merely focusing on lowering operational emissions.
Decarbonization Symposium Participants:
Welcomes by Frances Bronet, Pratt Institute President and
Harriet Harriss, Pratt Institute, Dean of the School of Architecture.
- Meta Brunzema, Architect, Collective for Community Culture & Environment, LLC, and 2. Adjunct Associate Professor, Pratt Graduate Architecture & Urban Design, and Fatou Jabbie, Sustainability Consultant, NYC Accelerator.
- Gabrielle Brainard, Visiting Associate Professor at Pratt, UG Architecture, and Principal of Fabric First Architecture & Consulting, PLLC.
- Bill Caplan, Assoc. AIA, Author, Design Consultant, and Materials Engineer.
- Paul L. Crovella, Environmental Engineer, SUNY, Environmental Science and Forestry.
- Jay Gorman, Project Executive at F.J. Sciame Construction
- Werner Morath, Architect, Loadingdock5