PROVIDE YOUR FEEDBACK on Federal Buy Clean Procurement Requirements in CLEAN Future Act

On January 28th, Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-NJ), Environment and Climate Change Subcommittee Chairman Paul Tonko (D-NY) and Energy Subcommittee Chairman Bobby L. Rush (D-IL) released legislative text of the draft Climate Leadership and Environmental Action for our Nation’s (CLEAN) Future Act – an ambitious new climate plan to ensure the United States achieves net-zero greenhouse gas pollution no later than 2050.

We are collecting feedback from Embodied Carbon Network members. We will submit a summary and highlights of the feedback to government officials.

The Federal Buy Clean Procurement Requirements section (Subtitle C) can be found on page 409-423. Find more information and links to the text here.

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR FEEDBACK BY MONDAY MARCH 23 2020, using this Google Form.

Thank you!

Thank you so much for leading this effort @ryanzizzo Great to see the collective action on this topic!

I know there are clean purchasing legislation and building codes in some areas, such as Marin County, and City of Portland. There was also the proposed Buy Clean Washington Act that didn’t quite make the final hurdle, but are there others around North America either in place or being considered? I thought New York City were working on something but I can’t find anything on it at the moment.

Yes! I know of discussions/action in NY, Minnesota, Colorado,Oregon and Washington. We’re just about to launch a program to provide technical support for embodied carbon policies. This is a great place for people to share what they know.