GOALS FOR THE WORKING GROUP
- Per the above, the main goal is to produce a challenges & solutions document in this thematic area that will be the basis for work during the Summit and, when finalized, will chart the critical path forward post-Summit.
- Utilize and contribute to the Knowledge Hub, where relevant resources – reports, links, recorded webinars, research papers, etc. – are concentrated and curated.
- Identify and recruit speakers for Summit level-setting presentations in this thematic area followed by break-out groups.
- Conclude Summit discussions with wrap-up / report out / next steps in this thematic area.
The aim is for each working group to have goals 1-3 ready to share no later than March 15th, allowing sufficient time for review and distribution prior to the Summit on April 14th and 15th.
STARTING POINT FOR DISCUSSION
- Current LCA methods for calculating carbon in the product life cycle, generally and for wood. Limitations of the latter.
- Goals and status of FSC US on data to calculate forest carbon storage impacts of FSC forestry vs. BAU
- Nature and status of Ecotrust research on carbon stocks of different forest owner types