Reading Revit FFE in Tally

Hi all! Has anyone tried to model or quantify casework, furniture and/or fixtures in Tally? We’ve had some suggestions from the Green Gurus “brain trust” - model casework/millwork/(maybe furniture) as floor + wall pieces - but curious if you all have any other solutions. Thanks!

I’ve done this by quantifying typical amounts of wood per linear foot of upper or lower cabinets. Then created wall families that had layers that equal the same amount of wood. It was messy… but it worked.

If you want to make it even more generic I believe there are some ballpark estimates from the CLF interiors study on typical impacts of casework.

The only other way I’ve seen it done is from well modeled revit families for casework that report out quantities of wood that can be used in Tally.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Hello! MSR Design (where I work) is working on some deep dives into Embodied Carbon as it relates to Millwork/Casework, and we’ll be publishing our study to initiate some conversation around it. Since there aren’t industry baselines for those finishes/components yet, we’re working to establish those on our own and are hoping to gain feedback and push the conversation forward in this “hole” we’re seeing right now in the industry (espeically in interior-specific work) and carbon-related tools. If you’re interested in taking a look when it’s ready to share I’ll be sure to notify you both. I am planning to share and start a new Topic within CLF as well.

Cheers,
Veronica

2 Likes

Hey there!

Hey, check out this new Embodied Carbon in Commercial Furniture study we released recently! I’d love to hear your feedback.

We also developed this report on Casework as well!