Tally - Filter by phase

Hi all,
I’m using Tally for the first time on a residential addition to an existing home. I’d like to only capture new construction and disregard existing construction… Tally seems to accommodate in the scope definition section allowing you to uncheck phases, such as original construction in my case… however once I apply these parameters I still have components from the existing construction phase included.
Has anybody experienced this and/or know how to troubleshoot?

Thanks very much!

Tally scope definition

Hi Sean, we haven’t had to deal with phasing in most of our LCAs here, but my first thought with the little I have played around with that is that you have some geometry on the wrong phase. Second thought would be that there’s some issue with Tally and having the same materials and families on two different phases. In general, tally should just be using that to identify geometry to count up, so I’m not sure why you’re running into that error.

Can you share a bit more about how you’re identifying items that are coming in from the original construction phase?

Thanks Justin, I’m not sure what the issue was, but it seems to be working for me now.
If the problem happens again I’ll come back to this thread and elaborate on the issue.
Thanks!