Scoping Tally studies

Hello Tally users -

What are your best practices for maintaining a consistent study scope on project Tally studies as the project design evolves? I’ve tried to use consistent Revit worksets (Substructure, Superstructure, Envelope, Finishes) to control the study scope, and taking a screenshot of the study settings before running the Tally analysis - wondering if anyone has better tips/processes to share!

Hi Alex,

I’m not sure that I’m understanding your question exactly, but perhaps this helps. We keep a secondary Tally study log, stored in excel. This tracks which worksets are included, what elements are tracked in which model (structural and architectural being the main offenders for double counting), as well as a log of assumptions, modifications, and any questions that come up during the process. It’s a little unwieldy, but it provides a paper trail for anyone who has to pick up the model down the line. We’re working on developing a short-hand version of this log, but for now, the long format version seems to work.

If that’s not what you are looking for, can you explain further?

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I exported the pdf report of Tally for a Revit model of a building which is in the USA. Then I just changed the location of it to a European city and made a new result. The purpose has been to examine if Tally justifies the used database based on the location. The results are different. However, the explanations of the reports are kinda same and tell the US. context database is used for both results. It is a little bit confusing for me. I would be so thankful if anybody has an opinion that can clarify it.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Respectfully,
Mahboobeh

Hi Mathboobeh - Not sure if you are still looking for an answer - can you share the reports? I’d be happy to take a look.

@jschwartzhoff see this thread for a response to Mahboobeh’s question.

Hi Justin,

It was just a mistake. Thanks for trying to help.

Respectfully,
Mahboobeh